- Sugarcrm Youtube channel
- Recorded Training videos from Sugar University
- Introductory video for version 6 UI enhancements
Commercial Add-ons (SugarExchange)
Deployment alternatives (In-house, SAAS, VM)
In-house, Hosted, VM
Xampp stack, PHP
- Huge and active Community
- Lots of good add-ins – see Zucker reports, Openquotes and Contracts, Connector for Google Calendar, Thunderbird extension – to name a few notable ones
- Still retains community edition, and community projects on Sugarforge
- Good commercial product and backing. Good enterprise support.
- Lots of good documentation and resources
- Good connector for Thunderbird and Outlook with synchronization
- Support for different databases (Mysql, Postgres, SQL server)
- Good developer resources, and ability to customize thru “studio”
- Main web site is geared to selling their commercial version. But there is a lot of information available about the community edition, and it appears to be high quality. (see links on this page).
General comments from evaluation and other users
Should be compared to commercial alternatives. I believe it compares very favorably in several respects, such as features, cost, flexibility etc. However, it really depends on your specific needs.