Openbravo 3.0 RC4 available
Release date: February 23rd, 2011
Openbravo 3.0 RC4 is the fourth release candidate of the 3.0 series.
This release delivers a fully functional 3.0 distribution intended for:
- Production usage by early adopters in new implementations.
Release candidates are incomplete versions of 3.0, delivering a subset of the 3.0 road map. New functionality has been thoroughly tested but should be considered not yet proven.
Early adopters interested in deploying Openbravo 3.0 RC4 for new implementation projects are recommended to thoroughly test planned business processes before deploying release into a production environment.
Check out what’s new, the known issues and frequently asked questions about the next release of Openbravo. As always, you are encouraged to tell us what you think, by raising an issue in issues.openbravo.com or discussing it in the Early Releases Discussion forum.
- New implementation of the AD Windows (phase 1): the main Openbravo UI component -the windows defined in the Application Dictionary- is re-implemented from scratch providing an outstanding user experience. Among others, it includes:
- Master – Detail operation
- Editable grid
- Filter and sorting by any column
- Grid settings: show/hide colums, column width, column position
- User grid settings persisted for each window
- Form layout
- Four columns layout
- Processes buttons in toolbar
- Colapsable sections
- Status bar
- Message area
- Support for all type of base data types (Text, Number, Date, Boolean, List values, Reference to other tables)
- New selectors (Business Partner, Product, Stock)
- Support to old 2.50 selectors (location, accounts, attribute sets)
- Navigation through labels
- Standard buttons (Save, New, Delete, Undo, Refresh)
- Other buttons (Print, Email, Tree edition)
- Linked items
- Form Initialization Component
- Default values
- Contextual menu on right-click (edit, open in form, filter on me, etc.)
- Numeric fields support evaluation of numeric expressions (like a spreadsheet, eg. =(2+4)/3)
- Keyboard operation
- Auto-refresh data (parent -> child & child -> parent, tab -> tab, process -> tab, etc.)
- Runtime MDD: Application Dictionary UI metadata interpreted at run time. There is no code generation and no need to recompile and reboot the application.
- 100% compatible with 2.50 components.
- First (quick) performance review (lazy loading, main flows review)
- Query/List Widget: The Query List widget is a superclass that allows to create other widget classes just defining a HQL Query and the columns desired to be shown. The wigets generated from this superclass allow easy reporting, drill-down, filtering and sorting, user parameters and exporting to csv.
- Widget examples: RC4 comes with a large set of widget examples to demonstrate the power of the Openbravo Workspace. There are examples for each type: Query/List (Invoices to pay, Invoice to collect, etc.), URL (Google docs, Google calendar, etc.), HTML (Openbravo Twitter, etc.)
- First tests (in lab) to upgrade from 2.50 to 3.0: several 2.50 production environments have been migrated -in our labs- to Openbravo 3. In the next 2.50 release (MP28) a ‘click-thru’ upgrade process will be globally available for all Openbravo 2.50 instances.
- Re-styled Login page: including the new Openbravo 3 logo.
- Getting Started Widget: takes you by the hand the first time you log into the application and teaches how to use it. Great tool to be localized.
- Advanced Payables and Receivables 3.0.10810 is included in the distribution. With this version Openbravo 3.0 RC4 supports the following new features:
- Ability to post bank statements.
- Fixes for significant number of reported issues.
- Business Partner Card shows corresponding information from Advanced Payables and Receivable module.
- Initial Organization Setup Refactor: Application logic to create an Organization is moved to a java class so that modules or third party applications can create Organizations.