BitNami Cloud Hosting
Article – from Amazon Web Services Blog
I had a very pleasant phone call with Erica and Daniel of BitNami just yesterday. They gave me a complete briefing on their new BitNami Cloud Hosting product, which they just announced a few minutes ago.
BitNami Cloud Hosting is designed to make life easier for solution providers. The goal is to provide solution providers with the ability to easily launch, manage, and maintain a number of popular application and development stacks for their customers. Supported applications include:
- SugarCRM (customer relationship management).
- Redmine (project management).
- JasperServer (reporting).
- Alfresco WordPress, ezPublish, Joomla, ocPortal, Typo, and Drupal (blogging and content management).
- Coppermine and Gallery (photo galleries).
- Dokuwiki (documentation wiki).
- Moodle (learning and course management).
- Mantis (bug tracking).
- phpBB (bulletin board).
- Spree (e-commerce).
- Tracks (GTD tracker).
You can deploy one or more applications on a single EC2 instance. Let’s take a tour.
The first step is to create an account. You need to enter your AWS credentials here. Because this product is aimed at solution providers, you can even enter credentials for more than one AWS account. You could also enter AWS user credentials (created via AWS Identity and Access Management here if you’d like):